The deformation mechanism in cold roll-forming is quite complex and the inherent complexity of the process has often resulted in the adoption of a trial and error approach towards solving many problems encountered in practice.
- Sets up Roll Forming Machine and operates Roll Forming Machine to form longitudinal bends, rolls, beads, or embossed design onto sheet metal strips by action of two or more roller dies to fabricate items, such as molding, trim and structural shapes specified by work order, Bolts specified roller dies and drives rolls onto spindles.
- Positions spindles of roll forming machine to adjusts rolls to thickness of metal, using feelers, rule, shims, gauges, and handtools
- knobs to set and control which stops Roll Forming Machine or activates automatic shear when specified length of strips has been run
- raise coils of metal onto feedback, manually or by hoist, and threads end into feed roll.
- Directs flow of coolant onto rolls or fills oilcups.
- Starts Roll Forming Machine, observes operation, and verifies dimensions of finished products, using micrometers, gauges, and rule.
- end of formed stock onto rewind spindle and cuts it to specified length, using hand shears, or removes finished pieces from machine bed.